The Site Coordinator is responsible for management of all on-site study activities including, but not limited to, patient enrollment, inventory management, blood collections, with emphasis on informed consents and paperwork completion. He/she will coordinate heavily with Study Coordinator on sample and supply transport logistics, study documentation management, and provide administrative updates weekly.
The Austere environments Consortium for Enhanced Sepsis Outcomes (ACESO) aims to improve survival for patients with sepsis in resource-limited settings through early recognition, diagnosis and evidence-based clinical management. The program aims to identify host-response-based markers that can predict whether a patient will have a severe clinical course or differentiate patients with a bacterial infection from patients with a viral infection. The program’s other focus is to inform and develop clinical management guidelines for treating patients with sepsis in austere settings. The study will be run at the Phebe Hospital and School of Nursing in Bong County and Kolahun Hospital in Lofa County.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: 100% of Time
- Coordinate all clinical research activities with moderate supervision
- Expected to perform all core responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Review and develop a familiarity with the protocol, e.g., study proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality, privacy protections.
- Adhere to the IRB approved protocol
- Screen subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Conduct or participate in the informed consent process including discussions with research participants and answering any questions related to the study. Obtain appropriate signatures and dates on forms in appropriate places. Assure that amended consent forms are appropriately implemented and signed.
- Enroll patients and maintain all study records
- Support the safety of clinical research patients/research participants
- Coordinate protocol related research procedures including track progress on all patients and ensure all time point blood draws, lab work and patient documentation is completed and schedule follow-up visits & remind patients (coordinate field visits as needed)
- Collect data as required by the protocol. Assures timely completion of Case Report Forms.
- Maintain study timelines.
- Work closely with Study Coordinator on the maintaining cold-chain transportation on samples and ensure adequate study supplies.
- Maintain study source documents
- Report adverse events to Study Coordinator and investigators within 24 hours of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) with study patients
- Understand good clinical practice (GCP) and regulatory compliance
- Educate subjects and family on study protocol
- Comply with Institutional policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines
- Must comply with GOL and ACESO policies
- Perform other financial and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Manage study finances including sponsor invoicing and reports
- Participation in regularly scheduled site meetings to assess progress and challenges, and provide inputs to address procedural gaps.
- Act as liaison for research subject, investigator, IRB, sponsor, and healthcare professionals
- Compiling all reports and providing weekly updates to Study Coordinator, Administrator, and Africabio ACESO personnel.
- Managing study personnel time and attendance reports
Financial Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Yes, as stated above – Preferred candidate will have worked with USG funded entities
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Bachelor’s Degree or an allied health professional degree plus three years of healthcare, clinical and/or research experience.
- Data entry and management experience is a plus.
- Requires effective writing and communication, and ability to prioritize and adapt as needed.
- Collaborator, team player, action oriented, innovator and problem solver.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 5-10- pounds.
Essential Equipment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ideal candidate will be computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office suite, Internet and Email.
Special Requirements (Please list such as overnight travel, training or certification that must be completed after employment begins, etc.):
- Regional and International travel may be required
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
The position is based at Phebe Hospital, Phebe, Bong County, Liberia. Equal employment opportunity. Salary and benefit package commensurate to qualifications and experience. Clearly indicate the job title and reference number as subject line in your letter of application with your curriculum vitae, relevant credentials, expected salary and statement of interest attached. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission of applications is September 15, 2017.