The Site Research Assistant is responsible for assisting the Site Coordinator in the management of all on-site study activities, in particular with informed consent/interpretation & paperwork completion.
The Austere environments Consortium for Enhanced Sepsis Outcomes (ACESO) aims to improve survival for patients with sepsis in resource-limited settings through early recognition, diagnosis and evidence-based clinical management. The program aims to identify host-response-based markers that can predict whether a patient will have a severe clinical course or differentiate patients with a bacterial infection from patients with a viral infection. The program’s other focus is to inform and develop clinical management guidelines for treating patients with sepsis in austere settings. The study will be run at the Phebe Hospital and School of Nursing in Bong County and Kolahun Hospital in Lofa County.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: 100% of Time
- Under the direct supervision of the site coordinator, assists in the coordination of the details of the study and documentation concerning study protocols, which may include but are not limited to:
- Organizing informed consent and translation services for patient enrollment
- Data collection, entry and management
- Follow-up visits scheduling and reminders
- Laboratory procedures
- Order materials/supplies
- Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines
- Must comply with GOL and sponsor policies
- Must possess knowledge of IRB and human subject protection and must adhere to the IRB approved protocol.
- Associates Degree or an allied health professional degree plus a year of healthcare, clinical and/or research experience.
- Data entry and management experience is a plus.
- Requires effective writing and communication, and ability to multitask
- Collaborator, team player, action oriented, innovator and problem solver.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 5-10- pounds.
Special Requirements (Please list such as overnight travel, training or certification that must be completed after employment begins, etc.):
- Regional and International travel likely
- Some weekend work required
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
The position is based at Phebe Hospital, Phebe Bong County, Liberia. Equal employment opportunity. Salary and benefit package commensurate to qualifications and experience. Clearly indicate the job title and reference number as subject line in your letter of application with your curriculum vitae, relevant credentials, expected salary and statement of interest attached. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission of applications is September 15, 2017.