Mr. David Wuo Gbemie Sr. went to rest with his Lord on December 21, 2017
With much profound sadness, the Gbemie Family, and many Catholics throughout Liberia, mourn the sudden passing of our committed church administrator/deacon, devoted husband, loving father, brother, uncle, grandpa, dearest relative and caring mentor to millions of Liberians, trusted and amiable friend, Mr. David Wuo Gbemie, Sr. Born June 3, 1961, young David attended St. Mary’s School in Sanniquellie for Elementary and Middle School before graduated from Sanniquellie Central High School in 1982. He received further education in Theology Studies and Catholicism at the Vatican - Rome, qualifying him to serve the Catholic Church in Liberia as Catechist, Deacon, and Senior Administrator of the Pastoral Center at the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, in Gbarnga, Bong County.
Mr. David Gbemie untimely death occurred in Sanniquellie, Nimba County on December 24, 2017 at 2:00am. Mr. Gbemie was preceded in death by his parents Michael Gbemie and Maria Gbemie, his son Saye Gbemie, his brother John Gbemie, and his sister Teresa Gbemie—with whom he had a special bond.
Left to cherish Mr. Gbemie’s memories are his devoted and ever loving wife of 32 years, Mrs. Beatrice Barseh Gbemie, his endearing children Charles Saye Gbemie, Kelvin Nyan Gbemie, Edna Kou Garteema Pritchard, David Wuo Gbemie, Jr., Davina Kou Gbemie and James Jesus Flomo, along with nine grandchildren (Saye Gbemie Jr., Wonder Gbemie, David Gbemie, Booboo Gbemie, Charleslina Gbemie, Ken Gbemie, Kelvin Gbemie Jr., Elina Banah and Maeya Gbemie).
He is also survived by his siblings Catherine Gbemie Geh, Esther Gbemie, Beatrice Gbemie Tokpah, Nyan Gbemie, and Nohn Gbemie; his positively impactful brother-in-law Charles Geh; his aunt Barsee Sanoe and uncle Nehway Sanoe; plus a host of nephews, nieces, and cousins. Mourning his death are members of the Knights, and many in the Catholic Church congregations of Sanniquellie, Yekepa, Gbarnga, Kakata, and Monrovia; as well as several friends and colleagues living in USA and Europe—including his childhood friend/brother Dr. Matthew Waritay Guah in SC.
David Gbemie will be greatly missed! May the Lord open to him the gates of Paradise, where there is no death, no illness or worries, where eternal joy endures forever, Amen.
Home going celebration will be held as follows:
Friday, January 5, 2018 at 7:00pm in the Administrative Building, in Sanniquellie City, Nimba County, Liberia.
Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 10:00am at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, in Sanniquellie City, Nimba County, Liberia.
MEMORIAL SERVICE IN USA:
TO BE HELD IN MARCH 2018 IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN.
- Mrs. Beatrice Barseh Gbemie, Wife in Monrovia, Liberia 231-88-657-1097
- Charles S. Gbemie, Son in Monrovia, Liberia 231-7-766-76761
- Kelvin N. Gbemie, Son in Monrovia, Liberia 231-7-766-76761
- Edna Kou Garteema Pritchard, Daughter in Atlanta, GA 678-468-7067
- David Wuo Gbemie, Jr. Son in Manchester, UK 44 741-578-8422
- Davina Kou Gbemie, Daughter in Monrovia, 231-88-642-2975
- James Jesus Flomo, Son in Monrovia, Liberia 231-77-667-6761
- Catherine Gbemie Geh, Sister in Sanniquellie, Liberia 231-88-889-9201
- Esther Gbemie, Sister in Monrovia, Liberia 231-88-641-5171
- Beatrice Gbemie Tokpah, Sister in Monrovia, Liberia 231-88-683-5102
- Nyan Gbemie, Brother in Monrovia, Liberia 231-88-683-5102
- Nohn Gbemie, Sister in Monrovia, Liberia 231-88-683-5102
- Matthew Waritay Guah, childhood friend in SC 803-614-2597