Ma Vonyee Kruah Guah
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I do not want to have a single bit of unused kindness, talent or energy left in me. I want to report to God that I actually used everything He gave me to serve His children.” Ma Vonyee’s common advice to her children.
The Guah family, and the Sanniquellie Community, are moaning after the passing away of Ma Vonyee Kruah Guah, Assisting Superintendent for Sanniquellie Marketing Association. Born in Louplay, Nimba County on January 25, 1945, Ma Vonyee left this world in Neiplay, Nimba County on July 14, 2015 after a protractive illness. She was married to the late Samuel Gono Guah in 1963 and quite often expressed her pride in being a very devoted and hard working mother—successfully laboring for 9 children under the rain and sun of Sanniquellie, Nimba County, including:
- Winifred Tenneh Waritay Guah (Sanniquellie, Liberia)
- Matthew Gbeyadiau Waritay Guah (South Carolina, USA)
- Emmanuel Malugba Guah (Minnesota, USA)
- Michael Guah (Deceased – 1990 civil war)
- Yakelay Guah (Deceased - 1985)
- Winston Vonyee Guah (Monrovia, Liberia)
- Milton Guah Guah (Monrovia, Liberia)
- Benedict Guah (Monrovia, Liberia)
- Comfort Neyamon Guah (Monrovia, Liberia)
Other experiencing this period of difficulty lost include her older brother (Willy Kruah) of Louplay, Nimba County, favorite cousin Mrs. Annie Kollie (Ganta, Nimba County), 18 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren (in Liberia, USA and Great Britain), cousins, nieces, nephews and a host of very good friends in Sanniquellie, all over Liberia, West Africa and around the world.
May the soul of our dear mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, aunt, cousin and friend as well as all the faithful departed rest in everlasting peace. We will always keep you in our memories, our prayers and thoughts everyday until we meet again on that glorious day.
Friday July 31, 2015 10:00 – 11:00 noon at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, 7031 Halifax Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55429
Viewing & wake keeping:
Thursday July 30, 2015 8:00pm at the Tubman Hall, Sanniquellie City, Nimba County, Liberia.
Friday, July 31, 2015 10:00AM – OPEN Mass celebrating the Life of Ma Vonyee by Sanniquellie Community. Burial follows immediately at the Catholic Church Cemetery, in Sanniquellie, Liberia.
The Guah’s Residence, Frog Island, Sanniquellie City, Nimba County, Liberia
Contact in USA:
- Matthew Gbeyadiau Waritay Guah – 803-614-2597
- Emmanuel Malugba Guah – 763-496-9614
- Winifred Tenneh Waritay Guah - 068-44-397
- Winston Vonyee Guah - 077-171-607
- Milton Guah Guah - 088-652-7726
- Benedict Guah – 088-077-3013
- Comfort Neyamon Guah – 088-617-6345
Special Thanks to:-
- David Gbemie - 088-651-6574
- Peter Gonnue - 077-737-5766
- Ma Sennie Suah & Ma Beatrice Lah (Sanniquellie Marketing Association)