MRS. ETMONIA ROBERTS-MATHIES
The Roberts, Mathies, Hill, King, Harris, Fleming, Pointdexter, McGee, Morris, Harvey, Griggs, Grice, Camp, Dillon, families announce with deep sorrow the sudden passing of their mother, grandmother, Sister, Aunt, and Cousin, Mrs. ETMONIA ROBERTS-MATHIES. This sudden and sad event occurred at her Stephen Tolbert Estate Residence on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 4:00 a.m. Her only child, Mrs. Bankie Mathies-Gbedze predeceased her on August 24, 2015. Her Husband, Honorable John H. Mathies also predeceased her. She leaves to mourn her memory, her Grandson Senyo Gbedze (Accra, Ghana); her Son-in-Law, Ambassador John W. Gbedze (Liberia), 3 surviving sisters: Louise Roberts (USA), Julia Roberts and Angeline Roberts, Liberia; several nieces, nephews, cousins and a host of relatives and friends.
This announcement goes out to the Roberts families in Grand Bassa, Bong and Sinoe Counties.
Her remains are presently at the Samuel Stryker Funeral Home, Sinkor, Tubman Blvd, Monrovia, Liberia.
Date of removal and Funeral Services will be announced later.
This announcement was brought in by her Daughter Mrs. Laurentine H. Bass, and Nephew, Mr. H. Augustus Roberts, Jr. respectively
- Ambassador John W. Gbedze - +231 777-532-802; 886 532-802
- Mrs. Laurentine H. Bass (daughter) -011 (231) (0)776 247 849; (0) 770-402-717
- Mr. H. Augustus Roberts, Jr. (Nephew) – 011 (231) (0) 886 516-509; 0770-407 217
- Mrs. Mengee Joanne Kai- King – USA - +1 347-938-1068 - Niece
- Mrs. Renna Mathies-Russ, USA, +1 301- 529- 3668 - Niece
- Mr. William Roberts – USA – Nephew - +1 609-963-5720
- Ms. Mimi Roberts– Liberia - +231 – 886-528-192; Niece
- Rev. Diana Roberts – Liberia - +231 886 995 591- Niece