Rosler Papee Phillips, sunrise August 25, 1967 – sunset July 8, 2013.
Mr. Phillips was a resident of Logan Town, Bushrod Island - Republic of Liberia. He was born and raised in Monrovia, Liberia. Mr. Phillips was a graduate of Central High, and he also attended AME Zion University. With sadness and heavy hearts, the Phillips, Yates, Wleh, Strong, Eastman, and Wilson families announce the home going of their beloved son, father, brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, and friend.
He was one of nine (9) children born to Martha Yates Wleh. Mr. Phillips was preceded in death by his brother, Eric D. Strong; his father, John Phillips; and his step-father; Col. James Wah Wleh, Sr. He will be forever remembered by his mother – Martha Yates Wleh; his son – Mupee Phillips; his fiancée – Famatta Eastman; his brothers & sisters – Benedict Strong, James Strong, Frank Strong, Rev. James W. Wleh, Jr., Emmanuel Sayue Wleh, Timothy Sackor Wleh, Jeremiah Sartee Wleh, Shirley N.Wleh –Wilson, and two step-sisters: Rebeccah & Ruth Wleh, as well as countless other relatives and friends who were certainly blessed to have nown him.
Mr. Phillip, “The General” as he was known, was a warm and friendly person who was always willing to give a helping hand to whoever was in need of such assistance. Despite the challenges of life, Mr. Phillips was always receptive in meeting these difficulties with a keen sense of humor. He touched the lives of many people with his smile and generosity.
FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
(1). Family and friends can attend the wake-keeping service on August 2, 2013 @ 4pm at the Wleh’s residence in Logan Town (Rice Store). The body will be taken from his residence to Maureen E. Capehart Chapel for funeral services; the funeral service will start at 10am on August 3, 2013, which will be followed by the burial at the Upper Caldwell Cemetery. Repast will be held immediately after the burial at the Wleh’s residence (Logan Town).
- Famatta Eastman – 231-8868-14862
- Martha Yates Wleh – 651-224-1258
- Rev. James Wleh – 763-439-2267
- Shirley Wleh-Wilson – 651-285-3139
(2) FOR THE UNITED STATES: The Wake keeping service will be held on August 2, 2013 at Christ Lutheran Church, 105 University Avenue, Capitol Hill; Saint Paul, MN. 55103. Funeral service will be held @ 375 Saint Anthony Avenue, Saint Paul, MN. 55103, on August 3, 2013. Please contact Mrs. Shirley N. Wleh – Wilson (651-285-3139), Ruby V. Cater (612-913-1394), and Olive C. Baysah (763-464-4492), for directions if necessary.