Mrs. Magdalene Duncan-Witherspoon
The Witherspoon, Duncan, and Stauard families regret to announce the death, in her 75th year, of Mrs. Magdalene Duncan-Witherspoon, commonly called Teta and Aunty Maggie. This sad event occurred on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 10AM at her home on 19th Street, Payne Avenue, Sinkor, Montserrado County, Republic of Liberia.
Teta was predeceased by her parents; Hon. Henry B. Duncan, I., first Secretary of the Department of Public Works, now Ministry of Public Works, during the Tubman administration, and Mrs. Julia Evelyn Stauard-Duncan; her husband, Hon. Amos James Witherspoon (a.k.a. Leggies); and her brother Mr. Richard (Boy Richard) Duncan. She leaves to mourn her loss and cherish her memories three daughters, Evelyn Witherspoon-Dunbar (Fulton), Nancy Witherspoon-Kellam (Claude), and Indira Witherspoon; one sister, Nancy Duncan-Keller (Lionel) and two brothers, Mr. Henry B. (Hank) Duncan, II., and Ambassador Carlton A, Karpeh; one favorite nephew/son, Mr. Lionel A. Keller, II., five grandchildren, Cordia Magdalene Kellam, Julia Elfreda Toles, Lloyd Bruce, Ashley Witherspoon, and William Witherspoon; two great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and a host of relatives and friends.
FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015
- @ 4PM the body will be taken from the A. B. Anderson’s Funeral Home on Lynch Street, and taken to the Lighthouse Full Gospel Church on Benson Street.
On Friday, January 23, 2015
- @ 9AM a hour of wake keeping will be held at the Lighthouse Full Gospel Church on Benson Street.
- @ 10:30 AM the body will be taken from the Lighthouse Full Gospel Church on Benson Street and taken to the First United Methodist Church on Ashmun Street.
- @ 11AM Song Service in remembrance of the late Mrs. Magdalene V. Duncan-Witherspoon will be held at the First United Methodist Church on Ashmun Street.
On Saturday, January 24, 2015
- @ 8AM the remains of the late Mrs. Magdalene V. Duncan-Witherspoon will be taken from the First United Methodist Church on Ashmun Street to the family’s farm in Salala, Bong County for interment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Mrs. Evelyn Witherspoon-Dunbar (Daughter) - (231)880327077
Mrs. Nancy Witherspoon-Kellam (Daughter) - (231)886759193/ 776149301
Mrs. Nancy Duncan-Keller (Sister) - (231)886511264
Ambassador Carlton A. Karpeh (Brother) - (231)886922878
Mr. Lionel A. Keller, II. (Nephew/Son) - (231)886580378