Jonathan G. Yancy
Sunrise: June 17, 1950- Sunset: September 15, 2014
“The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.” The Yancy, Blidi, and Toh families announce with profound regret and sadness the death of our dear son, loving husband, beloved father, grandfather, brother, uncle, nephew, and cousin Jonathan G. Yancy; affectionately called "Bor-Bor" by his family and friends. This sad event occurred on September 15, 2014 in Monrovia, Liberia.
He leaves to mourn his cherished memories his mother Agnes B. Toh, his devoted wife Victoria Yancy, 17 children, 10 grandchildren, and 17 siblings. His father Charlie B. Yancy Sr., two children, and two siblings predeceased him.
Jonathan was a devout Christian. His death has left a void in our hearts and our lives. Bor-Bor, you will be missed, and your memory will always be in our hearts. We love you, but God loves you best. May your soul rest in God’s perfect peace.
Funeral service will be held on October 4, 2014 at E. Jonathan Goodridge United Methodist Church in Gardnerville, Liberia. Viewing will be at 10am, and the funeral will follow at 11am
- Victoria Yancy (011) 231-886-825-360 (WIFE)
- Charles B. Yancy Jr. (011) 231-886-510-234
- Amos Togba (011) 231-886-553-437
- Kamah Yancy (011) 231-886-737-596
- Esther S. Yancy (011) 231-886-202-782
- Agnes CeCe Yancy (817) 721-9874
- Helen Gaye Aquah (720) 535-7215
- Josiah Yancy (609) 963-5225
- Kamah Yancy Ward (609) 375-7758
- Paul Maxwell Yancy (267) 333-8808
- Nanah Yancy Johnson (609) 384-4948
- Roland Yancy (678) 876-7520
- Ora Yancy Collier (847) 752-8766
- Elizabeth Yeedia (678) 768-2771
- Mercie Yancy (678) 571-2272
- Michael Neufville (763) 458-8129
- Richard Yancy (011) 491-521-026-7184