INVESTMENT CLIMATE ADVISORY SERVICES OF THE WORLD BANK GROUP
Terms of Reference
Short Term Consultant
Re-advertise Communications Specialist – IC Team
The Investment Climate team in Africa (IC Africa) operates in more than 30 countries. IC Africa advises African governments on how to reform their legislative framework to encourage business creation and growth. In Liberia, the IC Africa team is specifically working to:
1) Reduced the administrative barriers to business start-up and other key areas affecting business operation, including those measured by the Doing Business Survey
2) Strengthened capacity of GoL institutions to attract quality investment through targeted technical assistance to the National Investment Commission (NIC) and the Ministry of Agriculture,
3) Increased trust between the public and private sectors and strengthened the private sector voice in the reform agenda through launching of a public private dialogue mechanism -- the Liberia Better Business Forum (LBBF)
4) Reduced trade barriers and strengthened institutional capacity of customs officials; and
5) Supported drafting of essential legislations including a revised Investment Incentive Code,
law establishing a Commercial Court, a Commercial Code and a national Special Economic Zone regime.
As part of its work, the IC team in Liberia advises the government on how to communicate its reforms to key stakeholders to ensure they are known and implemented.
The Communications Consultant works with the government to create and implement a communications strategy that supports the development and implementation of reforms in the country. The Communications Consultant may also be asked to provide similar support to the country’s private sector association. In addition, he/she contributes to publicizing the work of the IC team in Liberia to its key stakeholders.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will undertake the following main tasks:
- In coordination with the government, design and implement a communications strategy for Investment Climate reform. The main objectives of the communications strategy should be:
o Before the reforms are made - to create an understanding within governments ministries, the private sector and other stakeholders of the benefits and urgency of reforming the investment climate
o After the reforms are made - to ensure that civil servants who are in charge of implementing the reforms are actually aware of the reforms; and to ensure communication of the reforms to the private sector so that businesses can take advantage of them
This contract will be for the duration of up to 150 days starting on September 1, 2012 until 30 June 2013. The position is based in Monrovia. IFC offers a highly challenging and rewarding working environment.
Applications and resumes must be delivered to: email@example.com No telephone calls, faxes, or hard copies of applications will be accepted. Closing date/time for applications: Friday August 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM GMT Please note that ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.