Senior Malaria Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Resident Advisor for Liberia (Job Number: 1500004212)
Health, Education and Social Programs
International Health and Development Division
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today's issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
ICF International is a partner on the USAID MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV project, a five-year cooperative agreement led by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH). ICF’s role includes providing technical assistance to USAID and national governments to build capacity in monitoring and evaluation primarily for malaria programming in PMI-supported countries including Liberia.
The International Health and Development Division of ICF seeks a Senior Malaria M&E Resident Advisor to join our team. The Senior Malaria M&E Resident Advisor will be responsible for leading the MEASURE Evaluationmalaria activities in Liberia, providing direct technical assistance to the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to strengthen M&E capacity for malaria data collection, reporting, analysis and use. This person will be embedded in the NMCP. In this role the Senior Malaria M&E Resident Advisor will work directly with NMCP, PMI/Liberia, and project technical staff at ICF International Headquarters, to follow annual workplans, monitor implementation of activities, and to communicate results. In addition, this person will be responsible for supporting various malaria M&E and health information systems activities as requested by the NMCP or PMI/Liberia.
The position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia and the person will report to the Malaria Senior Advisor for the MEASURE Evaluation project at ICF International Headquarters. The position will be for an initial period of 24 months, with the possibility for extension depending on the needs of the NMCP and availability of funding fromPMI/Liberia.
- Provide direct support to the NMCP.
- Support the NMCP for the implementation of the 2016 Malaria Indicator Survey, M&E of routine bednet distribution and designing M&E for the next bednet campaign in 2018.
- Provide support for integrated disease surveillance and response with focus on malaria surveillance.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP staff to analyze and report on malaria data through HMIS.
- Support the NMCP staff to strengthen malaria data collection and use in the HMIS.
- Organize capacity building activities at the national and subnational level, including malaria M&E training, data analysis, report writing and data use workshops among others
- Provide support for documenting and maintain malaria data database linked to the overall HMIS.
- Provide technical support to develop data quality review and assurance manuals.
- Organize monthly data quality review meeting with M&E staff.
- Provide technical review of key documents/deliverables and provide feedback.
- Review work plans and progress.
- Support NMCP staff to write technical documents (protocols, reports, manuscript...)
- Provide regular status updates on progress and any operational challenges to ICF and UNC teams.
- Post-graduate degree (masters or higher) in public health, epidemiology, demography, statistics, health information systems, or infectious disease control.
- At least eight years’ experience in M&E of health programs including the development and implementation of M&E plans, strengthening of health information systems, training and capacity building, data quality assessments.
- At least eight years of project management experience specific to developing work plans, and communicating project outcomes.
- Prior experience working directly with governments to strengthen their M&E systems.
- Prior experience working directly with USAID, and PMI.
- Technical experience in M&E of national malaria control programs.
- Experience in data management and analysis, particularly Health Management and Information System data and familiarity with District Health Information Systems II (DHIS2).
- Good understanding of data management and data quality assurance.
- Experience with survey design and implementation; experience with Malaria Indicator Surveys preferred.
- Prior experience working in Liberia or West Africa preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel in-country- 15-20%
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers