Mrs. Rosalind Euphemia Harmon Horace
The Horace, Harmon, Gibson, Watkins, and Cummings Families announce with deep sorrow the homegoing of Mrs. Rosalind Euphemia Harmon Horace (affectionately called Ma Rose, Grand, Mama Grand, GG) in her 85th year. This sad event occurred on Monday, June 3, 2019 in Monrovia, Liberia.
Mama leaves to cherished memory her husband of 56 years Charles H. Horace, her children John Horace, Johnette McGill (Charles), Mildred Reeves, Williette Crawford (Melvin), Sylvester Kassa Thomas (Nancy), Shirley Gardiner, Althea Brumskine (Major), Catherine Johnson (Levi), Charolene Lovette Carr, Charles “Buddie” Horace (Stella), Solomon Browne, Fred Horace and daughter-in-law, Evangeline Horace . Also mourning her loss are 24 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
Sis Rose is survived by 5 siblings—Jonathan Harmon (Lottie), Charlotte B. Harmon, Malvenia Harmon, Randolph Harmon (Massa), and Kotati Harmon Butler; nephews, nieces, other relatives, and her friends.
The celebration of her homegoing will be held in Monrovia at the First Baptist Church in Oldest Congo Town.
The dates, times, venues, and family contact are as follows:
Friday, July 5th
- 8:00 a.m. Removal of the body from the Stryker Funeral Home
- 9:00 a.m. Viewing and wake keeping. Tributes will be allowed at this time
- 10:00 a.m. Funeral Service. Only family and church will pay tribute at this time
- 1:00 p.m. The body will be returned to the Stryker Funeral Home
Saturday July 6th
- 8:00 a.m. the body will be taken from the Stryker Funeral Home to the Horace family cemetery in Buchanan for final resting.
Family contact: Shirley Gardiner +231 886 515 416.